Dr Lancer’s Skin Reality Complexion & Transforming the Skin
Complexion & Transforming the Skin
Complexion is a person’s greatest aspect of beauty and health. You could have clear, radiant skin reflecting excellent health, or you might have some skin imperfections due to poor lifestyle habits, diet or genetics. Your skin’s current state could be a wake-up call – it’s time to take better care of yourself – and that’s now not later.
When studying your complexion, you may focus on your facial skin. However, complexion in the world of lancer skincare focuses on skin from head to toe. You need to examine your full body, taking in skin tone and texture as a whole.
I’ve always said that skin tone is the greatest visual aspect of complexion. Contrary to popular belief, the majority of people – male, female, all age groups and ancestries – look at skin tone as a prize and value uniformity of that color from head to toe. With that said, most of us don’t have even skin tone from head to toe. Your arms and face might be darker than your neck and stomach, causing a bit of a mismatch in your skin’s appearance. Some of us just ignore it, but the majority of us want uniformity in skin tone for the whole body.
With your current appearance, you might be regretting all those times you didn’t wear sunblock. Think back. Your parents told you to apply sunscreen when you were younger, but you didn’t listen. Not only is your skin tone uneven, but you also have skin discoloration or sun spots on your face. Exposure to environmental toxins and lifestyle habits as mentioned, also play a huge part in your skin’s current appearance.
When you reach the age of recognizing coloration flaws, it’s important to take steps to repair them before moving on to other measures to improve deficiency in appearances. Color clarification is an art that requires significant cooperation with the physician rendering your care. When I evaluate various patient concerns, I see color imperfection as a primary target and select the proper Lancer Skincare protocol for at least the initial remedy before moving on to procedures. Skin health with a topical skincare routine is the first avenue of approach. Lancer Skincare is followed by in-office procedures with the knowledge that life-long maintenance of the finish product will always be needed.
To protect yourself from further skin aging and kick start the transformation process to healthier, even toned skin, I recommend using the products below in your daily skincare routine:
- Start with The Method 3 step system to exfoliate, cleanse and hydrate the skin.
- After The Method, use Advanced C Radiance Treatment with 10% Vitamin C & Retinol. The treatment was touched upon in our intro and is an essential anti-aging product that brightens and evens skin tone while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Finish up your skincare routine with sunblock! The Sheer Fluid Sun Shield SPF 30 protects the skin from UV damage while providing the skin with key anti-aging ingredients to keep skin feeling and looking young.
With a routine down for transforming your complexion, you might be in need of an eye treatment as well. Don’t forget about the delicate skin around your eyes!
- 3D Hyaluronic Eye Serum features a cooling metal applicator and contains Vitamin B3 + E, Vitamin C and of course Hyaluronic Acid. The serum helps reduce dark circles, puffiness and crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Start your routine with The Method Polish (if not used in the morning) & Cleanse.
- I also recommend using a quality mask if you want to keep your skin healthy and improve skin tone. Two favorites at the clinic are the Caviar Lime Acid Peel and Radiance Awakening Mask. The Caviar Lime Acid Peel treats dull, stressed skin as it removes dead surface cells, revealing a brighter, smoother and even toned complexion. The Radiance Awakening Mask is also a complexion brightening treatment that quickly absorbs into the skin, reducing discoloration and dull-looking skin. Leave the mask on overnight and wake up to radiant, glowing skin. Both masks should be used once or twice a week, altering between days.
- If you’re not using the Radiance Awakening Mask at night, you can use Advanced Retinol Treatment. Advanced Retinol was also touched upon in our intro and includes 1.25% Retinol and Bakuchiol, which improves the appearance of skin elasticity, texture, tone and softens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Younger Pure Youth Serum with MIMIXYL™ is also highly recommended, especially for those with more sensitive skin, as it contains a propriety blend of plant-based retinoids, Glycolic Acid and Bakuchiol to provide the same powerful effects of retinol without irritating and overly stimulating the skin.
- For PM eye treatments, the Eye Countour Lifting Cream with Diamond Powder is great for brightening, hydrating and firming the eye area. It also reduces the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles.
With a day and night routine in place, you’ll start to see a brighter, even toned complexion. Remember to keep up the routine and to use the products in a system to have long-lasting results.